Will throwing up cause a saliva gland that was getting better, be worse again?

Dr. Londel Fields
Dentistry

In brief: Maybe

If you have a saliva gland that is clogged or infected, vomitting can lodge a particle to re-lodge or make the gland over-active and cause a salive stone to move up the parotid tube and cause more problems.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Londel Fields
Dr. Londel Fields
Dr. Syed H. Sajid

In brief: Can get worse

I do not know that what type of problem u have in the salivary gland & in which salivary gland.
In humans, there are 3 salivary glands. Vomiting , most of the time brings acid back to the throat and mouth. Saliva is usually inactivated by the acid quickly, resulting in decrease amount of saliva. Dryness of the throat and mouth, where salivary glands r present, can make the salivary gland worse.

In brief: Can get worse

Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Dr. Arnon Rubin