I am getting bad headaches from staring at a computer screen all day. What can I do?

Dr. James Goodrich
Neurosurgery
In brief: Headaches Computer
The eye strain from staring at the computer is what causes the headaches and it is quite common.
The solution is simple, spend less time on the computer.

In brief: Headaches Computer
Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. Damian Cornacchia
In brief: Depends on the cause
Headaches have many causes, serious and not so serious.
Overuse of computer screens, can be a cause. One might try reducing the brightness of the screen so it is easily seen without glare. Also, check your seating position. If your neck is over flexing or extending it can be the cause of headaches. Take as many breaks as feasible away from the computer, and if the headaches persist, get checked.

In brief: Depends on the cause
Dr. Damian Cornacchia
Dr. Damian Cornacchia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine