What causes chest pain and rapid heart rate during a panic attack?

Panic. You are flooded with adrenaline, which would normally occur in fight or flight stress responses, when you are faced with life or death emergencies. This activates nerves supplying muscles in heart and elsewhere. If the heart muscles blood supply is compromised, pain or even angina can occur. But initially, the lactate from metabolism of glycogen as an energy supply can cause muscle pain.
Adrenaline. If you are anxious, your body will produce adrenaline to either fight or run away. As your blood pressure gets higher, heart rate increases, it puts a bigger work load for your heart, and with that came the chest pain from the added work of pushing blood against a high forward pressure. Get your heart checked out.