What is the longest to let a 6.5 week old baby cry. I am struggling to get her to go down for sleep. And want her to learn to self soothe.?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: 10-15 minutes

I am old school. For the first 4 months, don't let her cry for more than 10-15 minutes.
After 4 months they have established eating and often sleep patterns and start solids. Then it is ok to let them cry a little longer to learn to self- soothe. The first few months, responding to their needs fosters positive things like feeling safe, confident, cared for. Listen to your instincts too!

In brief: 10-15 minutes

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cindy Juster