I have severe needle/child birth fears. I want to know what tranquilizers are safe during my second/last trimester for blood work/labor only please?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Ask your doctor

And homeopathic remedies can help.
Argentum nitricum is excellent for needle phobia and is not a drug so it is safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. (any time actually!) baby orajel onthe bend of your arm five minutes can numb the area so blood draws are less traumatic hypnosis can also help as can chinese medicine. Acupuncture too- but you may not be ready for that yet....

In brief: Ask your doctor

And homeopathic remedies can help.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice

In brief: Emla (lidocaine and prilocaine) creme

Instead of a tranquilizer, there are numbing cremes such as Emla (lidocaine and prilocaine) and procaine creme that you can put on your skin 1/2 hour before blood drawing.
It will numb the sensation of the blood draw. Tranquilizers is way to extreme and the cremes are safer and more locally effective to deal with pain at the site of blood drawing.

Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Jane Van Dis