My dentist said that my wisdom teeth look good and neednot be removed. Could them cutting through cause jaw and temple pain?

If your wisdom teeth are erupting, there can be pain in your jaw and temple.
Just because they are coming in doesn't mean they need to be removed. Try taking Ibuprofen for pain. If you aren't sure what your dentist said, ask for further explanation or seek a 2nd opinion.

Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dr. James Donley
Dentistry

The gums can become infected when cutting teeth.
If there is any swelling, it may temporarily change the bite which can also cause pain. If there is not enough room, it is often best to remove to prevent gum& bone disease at at later age.

Dr. James Donley
Dr. James Donley
Dr. Majid Jamali
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Wisdom teeth

When in doubt, get one or two other opinions.
It is hard to say when the x-rays are not available. Has a panoramic xray been taken?

In brief: Wisdom teeth

Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Majid Jamali
Dr. Eric Weisman