Broke pelvis at 90. Had 6wk of daily pt. Just discharged and only getting 30min per wk with outpatient pt. What is best to get me independent walking?

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine
In brief: Pelvis
Keep working hard with physical therapy! also ask your therapist for good exercises to be doing on your own, and remain dedicated and determined.
If you have access to a swimming pool water-based exercise is excellent, but you will need assistance with this.

In brief: Pelvis
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Christopher Coller
In brief: Push, don't overdo
I would continue to practice the exercises you've learned from pt that you can do independently.
It is always work to exercise and strengthen our bodies, so it is ok to push yourself somewhat. However, i also encourage you not to overdo it. I understand this is vague, but you have to listen to your body so as not to re-injure or cause another problem. I think more frequent/less strenuous is best.

In brief: Push, don't overdo
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine