Do you have any specific recommendations for dealing with the weight gain that results from treatment for bipolar disorder?

Good care works. Very few if any of my patients with bipolar disorder, or for that matter, any psychiatric illness, gain weight as a result of their treatment. There are no calories in the medications, and they do not cause cravings. Some patients fidget less and burn fewer calories, others eat quite a bit more than before, and some others stop exercising. Watch your food portions and restrict processed carbs.
Yes. Unfortunately most psych medication can cause weight gain. However, this depends on what u eat, how much u eat and how much u exercise. Talk with u physician and try to see a diatician. Good luck.