Which medicine (10 mg of pravachol (pravastatin) or 10 mg simvastatin) is safer and tolerated while taking 5 mg of amlodipine (ccb) at night. Thanks?

Pravastatin . Pravastatin may be more tolerable and safer than simva because of drug to drug interactions!
Pravostatin maybe. There is an interaction between amlodipine and statin drugs which can cause a breakdown in muscle tissues. It is more common with Simvastatin than pravachol (pravastatin). The recommendations say Simvastatin dose should be 20mg or less if taking amlodipine. So both of your choices are ok. But assume risk slightly higher with simvastatin. Note Simvastatin maybe more effective in lowering cholesterol.