I have had two chin cramps in the last month and now it feels like there is a small, painful ball under my chin. What are they? Should I be worried?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Get a quick exam

If the problem really is "cramping" then you may need to rule out an electrolyte imbalance (eg.
Calcium) which could lead to increase muscle cramping. If everything checks out okay and the muscle is really in spasm, then Botox treatments can be considered to relax the mentalis (chin) muscle safely and effectively. Hope this helps!

In brief: Get a quick exam

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Revision Chin

This could be a variety of thngs but it is most likely a suture or stitch abcess.
I would discuss with your surgeon, in case this nees to be injected or drained.

In brief: Revision Chin

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Get it checked out

A mass under the chin could be muscular but you need to make sure it is not a lymph node or something else which could be serious.
Any abnormal swelling which doesn't resolve on its own within a week or two max should be evaluated. Smokers and drinkers are at increased risk for a head and neck cancer.

In brief: Get it checked out

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Arnon Rubin