How dangerous are colonoscopies? I am 65 and scheduled to have my first one soon

Dr. Donald Nino

In brief: Colonoscopy

There are some risks associated with a colonoscopy but complications are rare.
Your doctor should have gone over these before scheduling the test. The test is usually done under sedation so you should not feel anything or remember the test. The most common age to get diagnosed with colon cancer is 65 years old so getting the test is important if you have never had one before.

In brief: Colonoscopy

Dr. Donald Nino
Dr. Donald Nino
Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery

In brief: Not to worry

Colonoscopy is a safe procedure.
The risk of the colonoscopy is small relative to the benefit obtained by screening for colon cancer.

In brief: Not to worry

Colonoscopy is a safe procedure.
Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Jack Hinkle