Is it ok to take tylenol (acetaminophen) and motrin together?

Yes. Tylenol (generic name: acetaminophen) and Motrin (generic name: ibuprofen) are different drugs, and can be taken together. Just make sure that you don't take more than the recommended dose of either drug, and that you don't take other medications (like cold medicines, or other pain medicines) that have Acetaminophen in them too. Also, avoid nsaids (like motrin) in pregnancy.
Yes. I agree with dr. Weix.. This can actually be a very useful synergistic combination tx otc to treat mild to mod pain. In my own practice, i find that if this mix is given early enough in onset of migraine with a maximum dose of each med one can often abort a migraine headache and often a pt will not have to use Imitrex (sumatriptan) etc. Also very useful with treating osteoarthrtis first line.