Does melanoma cause itchy skin around the mole?

Itchy Mole. An itchy mole can be a symptom of melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. However, you have to take into consideration other factors that may be causing your mole to itch. Are you using a new laundry detergent? Do you use lotion that contains fragrances or other chemicals that is irritating the skin? Think about what products you use and how they may cause skin irritation. See your doc.
You mean itchy skin. You mean itchy skin around the mole. If it is melanoma it should be srgically excised asap but itchy skin around a mole can be a sign of cancer and you need to consult a dermatologist to find out what it is I hope that was your question but if it is melanoma as you asked get it taken care of asap.
It could. Remember your abcd's when thinking of melanoma. Look for moles with asymmetry boarders that are irregular color differences within the same mole diameter greater than 6mm also any new mole or old that starts to itch, bleed or ulcerate should be of concern. Another rule is the ugly duckling rule. Which refers to a mole that looks distantly different from the others on your body.