I have severe trypanophobia/child birth fears. I want to know what tranquilizers are safe during my second/last trimester for blood work/labor only.?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: Ask your OB

What your OB wants u to use, when u are in early labor u can get stadol which is a narcotic but it almost always causes some drowsiness and relaxation, your OB should refer u to a psychiatrist so they can work together to help you.

In brief: Ask your OB

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Ok

Phobias are part of the spectrum of anxiety disorders if they affect your life.
It sounds like you are being affected. You likely aren't sleeping well either. There are 2 major classes of drugs for anxiety; benzodiazepines and the ssri/snri class. Clonazepam at nigh can help insomnia and teeth grinding. Cat d but minimal risk at low dose, see mass general women psych website. Ssri little risk.

In brief: Ok

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Shontae Buffington