Is it dangerous to use albuterol everyday to help with shortness of breath if you only use it when you exercise?

Mike Moore
In brief: Maybe
It sounds like you were given the albuterol inhaler to help with shortness of breath or wheezing during exercise.
..And that perhaps now you are having symptoms everyday. It certainly seems like your symptoms are changing, and if they are you should see your doctor to review your new symptoms with them. If you are having to use your inhaler more than usual, see your doctor.

In brief: Maybe
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Dr. Jon Spiers
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Is this a change?
Is this the way you were when you were given the inhaler? I am going to bet not.
I suggest you talk to your doctor.

In brief: Is this a change?
I suggest you talk to your doctor.
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Do you have exercise induced asthma? Check with your doctor about your frequent use. There may be an alternative treatment.
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology