Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine) isn't keeping my sle under control without prednisone. What would you try next?

Depending what my. Patient's symptoms are. I certainly will consider methotrexate. I am sure other physicians will have different opinions including trying IV benlysta (belimumab). I also have a very active research department and we do alot of lupus research so i would discuss other options with my patients always with the goals to make them feel better and get them off or down on steroids.
SLE. This is a very serious disease and i advise you to work carefully with your physician. If you have lost confidence in your physician then you should seek a second opinion from another specialist. Do not try to treat this yourself. Be sure you are on a very healthy diet and lifestyle.