I live in zambia and health care is limited, dr says my MCL is strained, pain is bad, what should I ?

Dr. MANOHAR CHENCHUGALLA

In brief: Need evaluation

Follow up with doctor. Treatment based on the severity grade i-iii.
All mcl injuries should be treated with early range of motion (rom) and strengthening of musculature that stabilizes the knee joint. Conservative measures usually are adequate, but, if worse, a meniscal or cruciate ligament tear is suggested. Need to see orthopedician for, arthroscopy.

In brief: Need evaluation

Dr. MANOHAR CHENCHUGALLA
Dr. MANOHAR CHENCHUGALLA
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 4-6 wks.

If it is'only' a mcl sprain(isolated) then they usually are healed at 4-6 wks.
Try to avoid reinjuring the ligament as it will heal on its own(no soccer).If it continues to hurt or 'give way' after 6 wks. Try to see an orthopedic surgeon.Good luck!

In brief: 4-6 wks.

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin