Are there any alternative therapies to ease or help prevent my arthritis hurting in my knees?

Yes. The combination of glucosamine and chondroitin has been shown in studies to (1) provide a degree of pain relief in the short term, and (2) trigger growth of new cartilage when taken for at least two years straight. So it can help you pain and reverse some of the chronic damage. You can find this in the health food store.
There are many- -conventual treatment available, but alternative could include chiropractic, acupuncture,meditation & I suppose more but if it is arthritis, I don’t know of anything I have heard of that works.
See a rheumatologist. You will get better result from real therapy. Why waste your investment in "alternative"? You are better off in the real world rather in fantasies promoted by fast talking con men.