Random eye lid twitch?

Very common. Twitching of the eyelid muscle is a common thing and usually nothing to worry about. It may get worse with fatigue, stress or too much caffeine. If you develop any other problems such as double vision or other nerve problems then you should be evaluated by an eye doctor.
Can be myokymia. Random twitching of an eyelid, which happens in normal people, is called myokymia (an involuntary, spontaneous, quivering of a few muscle cell bundles within a muscle). Myokymia starts and stops spontaneously. In the eyelids, it can last a few minutes to a few days. One should see an ophthalmologist (md eye doctor) if such symptoms persist, keep recurring, or are combined with any other symptoms.
Myokymia. You are describing myokymia - an involuntary twitching of the skin around the eyelids. It's believed to be related to lack of sleep, stress, and caffeine use. Change these risk factors and it should abate.