For cough variant asthma, my 7yr old was prescribed flovent 2xday, albuterol as needed side effects?

Some. Flovent is a cortisone type inhaler. Make sure to the child rinses his/her mouth after use since steroids may cause throat infections. Albuterol- rescue inhaler- may cause a little excitability, gitteriness, etc. Since the child is 7, make sure to use a spacer since hand-inhaling coordination is important to get drugs into the lungs.
Several. Flovent use may cause "thrush" to develop in the mouth and throat, causing difficulty swallowing. Rinse the mouth after use. Albuterol may cause a rapid heart rate, nervousness, or irritability. It is used to open up the airway. Do not stop using any of these medications without speaking to the medical provider who gave them to you to use on your child.