Metal taste in mouth ?

Dr. Christopher Guzik

In brief: Different things

The taste might be a symptom of gum disease.
Even if you don't have gum problems, poor oral hygiene can affect taste. Be sure to brush your teeth carefully at least twice a day and use a tongue scraper to remove the bacteria and debris that can collect on your tongue. Dental work done in the past can break down and alter taste. Blood can also have a metallic taste. Some medications taste metallic.

In brief: Different things

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Guzik is correct. If you're taking any medications of any kind -- including ones you have been taking a long time, but especailly any new ones -- google "drugs and taste disturbance" for loads of websites.
Dr. Laura Anissian

In brief: Metal taste

I would suggest looking at your medications and supplements to see if any of these could cause this and also visit a dentist if you have any fillings.

In brief: Metal taste

Dr. Jonathan Jassey