How effective is proactive on healing acne scars and skin conditions?

Dr. Jason Bloom
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Derm evaluation

Proactiv is topical dermatologic treatments based around salicylic acid, which is a known treatment for acne.
Proactiv really has an effective marketing scheme, but it may not be the best treat for all skin conditions. I would seriously suggest a consultation with a dermatologist before starting any skin therapy and learn about all the options.

In brief: Derm evaluation

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Acne Scars

Proactive may be helpful for preventing acne but it will not do anything to improve scarring that has occurred.
Scars can be treated a number of ways: direct excision, dermabrasion, laser treatment. I recommend you seek a consult with an experienced plastic surgeon to address your concerns.

In brief: Acne Scars