What is the drawback of having laser eye surgery?

a few items. While most lasik works well with excellent results a few do not match the target and may need a little extra called an enhancement. Lasik will not correct presbyopia, the need for near correction past age 40. Lasik might induce some degree of eye dryness which requires lubricating drops. Other issues are very rare .
Depends on treatment. There are many different kind of lasers treatments that are used for different eye issues. Laser glaucoma surgery, diabetic retinopathy or hypertensive laser surgery, refractive laser surgery(lasik). Laser eye surgery overall is safe but with any surgery there are potential risk and complications. The person could have a good outcome if he/she is a great candidate.
Side effects? If by drawbacks you mean side effects, the known side effects of laser vision correction include temporary dryness of the eyes and temporary glare/halos around lights. Both of these conditions can be addressed if they occur. Overall, laser vision correction is a very good option for many patients. See a refractive surgeon to see if you are a candidate and discuss the procedure in detail.