I have a sore throat that feels like a tickle. I keep coughing but can't clear it. Gargling hurts!?

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
In brief: ? allergies
Your symptoms suggest allergies or an irritant of some kind.
Tou might try an antihistamine.

In brief: ? allergies
Tou might try an antihistamine.
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Patrick Melder
It may also be acid reflux. It could also be a sinus infection.
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Possibilities...
A good possibility is that your cough is due to post-nasal drip which could certainly give you a "tickle" in your throat resulting in chronic cough.
The best treatment is likely to be a nasal spray that your doctor could prescribe. So, see your doctor for evaluation so this treatment can be initiated. Other possibilities include gerd and bronchospasm which have different treatments.

In brief: Possibilities...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti