Would like to do lasik but doc says my eyes intrapapillary dist is too close. What does that mean?

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: Intrapapillary?

I am sorry but that makes absolutely no sense.
It is possible that he/she said interpupillary distance, but that would not have any effect on lasik.

In brief: Intrapapillary?

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Small eyes?

If your doctor mentioned that your eyes are too small, he/she may also have meant that your eyelids do not open wide enough to allow the suction device used to help create the lasik flaps sit properly on your eye.
You may want to seek a second opinion as there may be different options available to you.

In brief: Small eyes?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: LASIK

He is probably concerned about the distance between your eyes, also called the intrapupillary distance-- if it is too close together, he may be concerned that your eyes are not lined up properly or that positioning may be difficult in the laser room. If he is using the intralase to create the flap, your eye may be too close to the nose to create a good flap.

In brief: LASIK

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Difficult to say

Interpupillary distance has nothing to do with lasik candidacy.
I would get a second opinion.

In brief: Difficult to say

I would get a second opinion.
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jack Hinkle