I was punched in the nose/eye and blew my nose after and my eye puffed up like a balloon.?

Jin Packard
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Fractured orbit
You likely have a fractured orbital medial wall or orbital floor. With this fracture, your orbit/eyeball is now connected to your sinuses and nose.
I tell all my patients with fractured orbital walls and floors to avoid blowing their nose and to sneeze w/ the mouth open. Otherwise, you pump air into your eyeball which can lead to more problems. See your doctor or asap to get a ct.

In brief: Fractured orbit
Jin Packard
Jin Packard
Answer assisted by Jin Packard, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Phil Zapanta
It should resolve over time.
Jin Packard
Thanks Dr. Zapatana!
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Eye exam
The presumed fracture may or may not require surgery.
No nose blowing, but also get your vision evaluated as well if you have any blurry vision, double vision, or any other serious visual complaints.

In brief: Eye exam
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. David Wiebe
If you get double vision when you look up, the eye muscle might be trapped in the fractured bone. This is an emergency and requires immediate evaluation. If you have no symptoms except swelling, it will subside, but definitely no nose blowing. Go get a ct of the face.
Dr. William Forsythe