I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am unable to eat healthy due to vomiting sensation. Will this affect baby? 

Dr. Helayne Merkin

In brief: Depends on severity

Nausea+vomiting in pregnancy can start at 5-6 weeks, peak at 8-10 weeks and for most women it resolves at 12 weeks.
Approximately 20% continue to have issues later on.Attempting to get fluids in and some calories daily will prevent dehydration, and vitamin+nutrient deficiencies.To control nausea+vomiting it is good to eat dry crunchy food+sip on fluids or ice chips or popsicles throughout the day.

In brief: Depends on severity

Dr. Helayne Merkin
Dr. Helayne Merkin
Dr. Daniel Kessler

In brief: No

Pregnancy is amazing in that the baby in most cases will always get what it needs.
Make sure you take your vitamin (with folic acid) to ensure proper development, don't drink and don't smoke. The nausea and vomiting will pass. Try to eat smaller meals. Good luck!

In brief: No

Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Peter Kurzweil