I have MS and spinal stenosis. Emg shows l5-l4-s1 compression of nerve root. Orthopaedic surgeon won't do the surgery without neurologist ok.?

Dr. Christopher Wilson
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Cautious

I would guess the surgeon is being cautious to make sure that the neurologist agrees that surgery will help the problem. Stenosis of the spinal canal is different than neuroforaminal stenosis.
Emg is usually normal in canal stenosis and is sometimes helpful in neuroforaminal stenosis. Just because you have something wrong on EMG and MRI doesn't mean surgery is the answer. Ask twice, cut once.

In brief: Cautious

Dr. Christopher Wilson
Dr. Christopher Wilson
Dr. Kenneth Smith

In brief: Appropriate

Surgey not the problem management of ms is the surgeons concern.
Justified to want neurology involved.

In brief: Appropriate

Justified to want neurology involved.
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Dr. Eric Weisman