2.5 AAA ..... Where do I go from here?

Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: 2.5 cm aaa

For a 65 yo woman with a 2.
5 cm aorta (not really an aneursym), the chance of this rupturing in your lifetime is well under 1%. I would typically repeat the ultrasound in 1 year, and with no enlargement, you are probably very safe.

In brief: 2.5 cm aaa

For a 65 yo woman with a 2.
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Benjamin Lerner
Dr. Andres Katz
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Nowhere

Aortic aneurysms less than 5 cmos in size carry a 1 percent risk of rupture.
Get a sonogram in 6 months and don't worry about it.

In brief: Nowhere

Dr. Andres Katz
Dr. Andres Katz
Dr. Kenneth Smith

In brief: Aortic aneurysm

Medical management at this size.
Surgical management 4.5-5 cm. Best medication beta blocked to alter both pressure change and decrease heart rate. Serial yearly studies to observe size.

In brief: Aortic aneurysm

Medical management at this size.
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Aaa

not usually an issue but would advise repeat sonogram in 6 months why was aaa detected if incidental then again repeat in 6 months to check on ?growth

In brief: Aaa

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Is it?

Definition of aneurysm is the vessel is 1.
5 times the normal vessel diameter. Normal aorta typically are 2-2.5 cm. Your aorta would need to be about 1.7cm for 2.5 to be an aneurysm. Unless you are very petite i would doubt that. If it is an aneurysm at 2.5 cm and your age of 65 i would think yearly exam is all that would be required.

In brief: Is it?

Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford