My 8 month was vomiting and he doesn't like the pedialyte. What else can I try?

Dr. Natalie Hodge
In brief: Breastmilk/formula
Small amounts of fluids frequently given are important to avoid dehydration.
Nursing is fine for breastfed babies. You can also try syringe feeds of formula. Who recommends 5 tsp fluids every 5 to 10 minutes. Smaller volumes tend to be better tolerated than full feedings.

In brief: Breastmilk/formula
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Mike Moore
In brief: Diluted sports drink
Small amounts of 1/2 sport drink & 1/2 water every 5-10 minutes (for example a teaspoon to tablespoon every time a commercial comes on tv) works well.
If the baby is having a wet diaper every 2-3 hours you're getting enough in. Add formula or breastmilk in small amounts. I like using the medication syringes you get from the pharmacy to measure.

In brief: Diluted sports drink
Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student
Danielle Jones
In brief: Other Brands/Flavors
Other brands of oral rehydration are rehydralyte, revital, liquilyte, naturalyte, etc.
These all contain salt and electrolytes to help with dehydration from vomiting & diarrhea. Many kids dislike the taste - you can try freezing them into popsicles or offering other flavors to see if it helps. As a last resort in a child w/mild symptoms you mix 2 parts pedialyte & 1 part gatorade to improve taste.

In brief: Other Brands/Flavors
Danielle Jones
Danielle Jones
Answer assisted by Danielle Jones, Medical Student
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Jello juice
You can boil rice 1 cup with lots of water and take the water (starchy) mix with your childs favorite jello mix and create a juice store in fridge and give every hour to keep hydrated.

In brief: Jello juice
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vicken Poochikian