How can I take care of myself after surgery on my leg with tissue expanders placed?

Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: Limit activity &
Keep the area elevated clean & dry initially.
I usually have a bulky compression dressing on the site. Once healed protection of the area from trauma is the mainstay. You should've been clear about this before the procedure, eg wound care options per your surgeons preference.

In brief: Limit activity &
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Aaron Stupple
General Practice
In brief: According to surgeon
Your surgeon will direct specific wound care instructions for you based on your past medial history and the precise nature of the procedure.
Infection is among his or her primary concerns, and the wound care plan will be designed to be easy for you to accomplish without excessive risk of infection. If you are unclear, be sure to get a clear explanation before going home.

In brief: According to surgeon
Aaron Stupple
Aaron Stupple
Answer assisted by Aaron Stupple, Medical Student
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery