7 doctors weighed in:
Forced to stay in old hotel, room smells moldy. I'm sensitive to mold. What can I do? Changed room.
7 doctors weighed in

Dr. Christopher Powers
Obstetrics & Gynecology
3 doctors agree
In brief: Leave hotel
If you're sensitive to mold, there is nothing you can do but avoid it at this point.
Going forward, you may well be a candidate for desensitization shots from an allergist, but that won't help you now. If you have to stay where you are, the best you can do is treat symptoms until you leave.

In brief: Leave hotel
If you're sensitive to mold, there is nothing you can do but avoid it at this point.
Going forward, you may well be a candidate for desensitization shots from an allergist, but that won't help you now. If you have to stay where you are, the best you can do is treat symptoms until you leave.
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Christopher Powers
Thank
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Room/hotel change
Hopefully a new room in the hotel will be mold free.
If not or you are very sensitive, then it depends upon the definition being forced. Because the alternative would be to find another hotel. With no choice, take an anti-histamine like Benadryl or Chlorpheneramine before you re-enter the room.

In brief: Room/hotel change
Hopefully a new room in the hotel will be mold free.
If not or you are very sensitive, then it depends upon the definition being forced. Because the alternative would be to find another hotel. With no choice, take an anti-histamine like Benadryl or Chlorpheneramine before you re-enter the room.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Thank
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
1 doctor agrees
In brief: Light, heat, air
Sounds like a chapter out of worst case scenario - stuck in a moldy room but can't leave - what can you do? Open the windows to dilute out the mold-filled air with fresh air. Leave a light on in the closet with door closed to dry out the closet.
Turn heat up in room to dry out room. If stuck there many days clean walls with diluted bleach or lysol spray. Pull furniture & drapes away from walls.

In brief: Light, heat, air
Sounds like a chapter out of worst case scenario - stuck in a moldy room but can't leave - what can you do? Open the windows to dilute out the mold-filled air with fresh air. Leave a light on in the closet with door closed to dry out the closet.
Turn heat up in room to dry out room. If stuck there many days clean walls with diluted bleach or lysol spray. Pull furniture & drapes away from walls.
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Board Certified,
38 years in practice
2M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors