I jammed my finger how can I get the swelling to go down?

Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Ice & elevation
Keep your hand elevated above your heart as much as possible.
Depending on the amount of bruising and swelling you may want to get an x-ray to be sure it is not broken.

In brief: Ice & elevation
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Joseph Hermann
In brief: Ice and elevate
The best treatment for just about any injury is to ice and elevate the injured part.
Limit use (rest) and to help control swelling, an ace bandage, properly applied, can also help. Remember "rice": rest, ice, compression and elevate. Most of these are simple sprains, but fractures are common and can be serious. See a doctor if symptoms persist or if there is any deformity present.

In brief: Ice and elevate
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Marsha Davis