I gave my boyfriend oral sex, he only had a few warts on his pubic/pelvis but not on his penis.Is there still a chance of me contracting hpv? If so, would it only in the mouth? Does sperm play a role?

Dr. John Geisler
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: HPV

Yes, you could still get hpv in your mouth, on your tongue, on your lips and in your throat.
The role of sperm carrying hpv is not fully known.

In brief: HPV

Dr. John Geisler
Dr. John Geisler
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Risky behavior

If your boyfriend has genital warts then he also has hpv.
Putting your mouth on his genitals would put you at high risk of acquiring oral hpv. Hpv is transmitted by virus on the skin not via fluid like sperm.

In brief: Risky behavior

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Mike Moore

In brief: Yes.

You can contract hpv in our mouth or genitals from contact with the warts or surrounding tissue.
Sperm or seminal fluid does not necessarily play a role. You can still transmit the virus to your genitals if you or your boyfriend touched there as well.

In brief: Yes.

Mike Moore
Mike Moore
Answer assisted by Mike Moore, Medical Student