Should savella (milnacipran) or cymbalta be taken for fibromyalgia?

In brief: Either might work

There are three fda approved approaches, lyrica, cymbalta, and savella (milnacipran).
Would note that the latter two can cause nausea, and perhaps risk a little higher with cymbalta, but, if taken after food, can be mitigated. Would recommend you get some samples, and try for about 4 weeks, and see how you tolerate both the effects and side effects.

In brief: Either might work

Dr. David Hardin
Wound care

In brief: Either

I find savella (milnacipran) seems to work a little better on my patients.
Cymbalta's patent has run out and as a consequence will be cheaper as soon as a generic is available.

In brief: Either

Dr. David Hardin
Dr. David Hardin
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Either one

It is dependent on you your physician's evaluation will clarify which way to start.
If one works you continue it. If not then switch. There are a lot of other things about your evaluation that can guide therapy.

In brief: Either one

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Jane Van Dis