3 doctors weighed in:

Ant bite caused swollen and pimple where it hurts and itches. What should I do?

3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Family Medicine
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Depends on reaction

Insect bites can cause a variety of reactions, ranging from infections, mild allergic reactions, serious allergic reactions, and "toxin" reactions (but rarely fatal.
) what should be done depends on which of these reactions is occurring. Swelling & a pimple could indicate an infection and/or an allergic reaction. Infections can worsen quickly so suspicions for this should be checked by your doctor.

In brief: Depends on reaction

Insect bites can cause a variety of reactions, ranging from infections, mild allergic reactions, serious allergic reactions, and "toxin" reactions (but rarely fatal.
) what should be done depends on which of these reactions is occurring. Swelling & a pimple could indicate an infection and/or an allergic reaction. Infections can worsen quickly so suspicions for this should be checked by your doctor.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Thank
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Doctor eval

Ice, benedryl, and ibuprophen will help.
Don't scratch it or your risk infection. Sometime fire ant bites can last a while. If it looks infected, red, draining, pus, then see your doctor. Since your bite looks like a pimple then this is a sign of infection and you should see doctor.

In brief: Doctor eval

Ice, benedryl, and ibuprophen will help.
Don't scratch it or your risk infection. Sometime fire ant bites can last a while. If it looks infected, red, draining, pus, then see your doctor. Since your bite looks like a pimple then this is a sign of infection and you should see doctor.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Christopher Crosby
Board Certified, Dermatology
13 years in practice
93K people helped
Continue
111,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors