My daughter has been diagnosed with type one diabetes what are the chances of my son getting it too?

5% About 5% but can be higher if parents are affected. The risk for a child of a parent with type 1 diabetes is lower if it is the mother — rather than the father — who has diabetes. "if the father has it, the risk is about 1 in 10 (10 percent) that his child will develop type 1 diabetes ( if mother is affected the risk is about 8%).
Odds. In general, if you are a man with type 1 diabetes, the odds of your child getting diabetes are 1 in 17. If you are a woman with type 1 diabetes and your child was born before you were 25, your child's risk is 1 in 25; if your child was born after you turned 25, your child's risk is 1 in 100. Your child's risk is doubled if you developed diabetes before age 11. With both parents dm1; 1:10-1:4 odds.