I was up for 72 hrs i had to keep cold liquid in my mouth to make a tooth quit hurting is that an air pocket an abcess tooth the pain went 2 my ear?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Root Canal Therapy?

A severe toothache relieved by cold is one of the classical signs of a tooth that has an infected nerve and requires root canal therapy.
Please call your dentist asap for immediate and emergency treatment.

In brief: Root Canal Therapy?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. David May
Dentistry

In brief: Dead or dying tooth

You absolutely have a problem that can only be fixed by a root canal or an extraction of the offending tooth.
You need treatment sooner than later. If the pain goes away by itself, do not be persuaded to wait. It did not get better by itself.

In brief: Dead or dying tooth

Dr. David May
Dr. David May

In brief: See dentist asap

Infection seems to be spreading.
See a dentist or emergency depart asap.

In brief: See dentist asap

Infection seems to be spreading.
See a dentist or emergency depart asap.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Pain = Infection

Pain is your body telling you that there is something wrong.
Abscess is not an air pocket in a tooth, it's an infected tooth where the infection is spreading to the surrounding bone and beyond. Cold liquid will not fix it. Neither will otc pain meds. You have to get this treated asap. Please get off the computer and call your dentist before it gets worse.

In brief: Pain = Infection

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine