How do you tell the difference between acidity and heart attack?

See your Doctor. When you have pain between the neck and upper belly, there are many things that can be the cause. Go to and emergency department or call you doctor if you have pain that is concerning to you. We'd rather tell you it's nothing than have you drop dead because you didn't get help.
Can be hard to tell. It can be hard to tell the difference between heartburn and a heart attack, since both can cause a prolonged burning sensation in the chest. Since heart attacks kill people, it is safer to presume the worst and get evaluated at the emergency room (go by ambulance) to rule out a heart attack. Heartburn is more likely if symptoms are brief, they occur after meals, one tastes some reflux acid, etc...