Hi doctor, my dermatologist did a skin biopsy of a rash lesion when i was having drug eruption, can my doctor see whether I have herpes simplex1?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Yes/Can be diagnosed

There are many types and causes of skin rashes.
Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Yes/Can be diagnosed

Dr. John Walker
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Herpes simplex

Yes you can do an analysis of the biopsy for herpes virus.

In brief: Herpes simplex

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

Herpes virus effect can be seen in cells in the biopsy and special staining can be used to confirm hsv 1 or 2.