I had one of my bottom lower tooth pulled two days ago and it still very painful. Is this normal and how much longer will it hurt?

Dr. Brian Dorfman
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Depends

If the tooth was impacted and required an incision and bone removal the pain may take up to a week to resolve entirely.
This also depends on the doctor and his skill level. If the pain gets worse at the 3-5 day point and radiates, you may have a dry socket. I usually give my patients pain meds and steroids. The steroids keep the pain to a minimum by decreasing the initial inflammation.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Brian Dorfman
Dr. Brian Dorfman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Call your dentist

It's hard to answer that type of question over the internet not knowing you or more about the procedure itself.
It depends upon the difficulty of the extraction along with individual variables such as medical history, age, pain threshold, and what pain medications if any you are taking. I recommend that you call your own dentist who has more information and can give you better advice.

In brief: Call your dentist

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Call surgeon

You should start feeling better by now.
However if you are developing an infection or dry socket, then you may still be in pain. Please call your dentist/ surgeon. They will want to do a post op exam to make sure your healing process is going well. Take care...

In brief: Call surgeon

You should start feeling better by now.
Dr. Marguerite Myers
Dr. Marguerite Myers
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sometimes

Sometimes what you are experiencing is normal.
Depends on circumstances. You may have an early dry socket, or a lower pain threshold and require a stronger pain med, of if the tooth was infected may hurt more. Best solution is to return early for post op visit to allow dentist to assess situation.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine