How can I mentally prepare for labor?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer

In brief: Childbirth classes

The primary purpose of any class is information.
We fear most that which we do not know or understand. Classes provide information about options, how you can be physically and emotionally prepared. Techniques for relaxation, pain management. These classes are usually referred to "prepared childbirth classes". The classes can vary a lot by instructor, affiliation and philosophy. Ask your dr.

In brief: Childbirth classes

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: The best thing to do

Is take the prenatal classes that your hospital offers which explain what will be going on, if u are a first time mom, it is inexcusable no to take classes form either the hospital or a certified teacher , i demand my patients to take the classes unless if at all possible and make sure u have your husband or at least one other person there for your labor and listen to your OB nurses advice.

In brief: The best thing to do

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Adam Levy