If I am having an allergic reaction to peanuts what can I take in the meantime until I go to the doc?

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Zantac. If you are having an allergic reaction to peanuts.. You need to be in the er (period). Peanuts are highly allogenic and a reaction could be fatal. Treatment in the er would include steroids, benadryl, (diphenhydramine) Zantac and possibly epinephrine.
Epi pen. Usually it depends on what kind of allergy you have, if you had anaphylaxis which involves breathing trouble, wheezing or throat swelling you have to inject yourself with Epinephrine , which comes as an Epipen (can be prescribed by your doctor). If it's some thing like a rash you can take some antihistamine like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) but still i would advice you to go to the nearest emergency room afterwards.
Epi, antihistamines. If there is a history of anaphylaxis (facial or throat swelling, or collapse within an hr or 2 after ingestion) immediate medical attention is lifesaving. Whole body itching is often the first symptom. Antihistamines (eg, benadryl) and Epinephrine (epi-pen or even inhaled primatene mist) can help on way to hospital. Delay can be deadly. Rash onset more than 2 hrs after nuts much less serious.
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) Due to the question you are obviously not having an emergency. If you are having breathing difficulties call 911. Otherwise avoid all peanut containing products. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 1-2 caps every 6 hours will help until you can get to the doctor.