Had 4 wisdom teeth taken out. Next day large red blotches on rt side of face which is the side i experience pain on? Nothing on lft side and no pain

Dr. Brian Dorfman
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Many possibilities

One sided red blotches may just be from from being leaned against or from a contact dermatitis from somthing that came in contact with you.
If it were an allergic reaction it would not be one sided redness and swelling may occur from a difficult extraction as well. Ask your oral surgeon.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Brian Dorfman
Dr. Brian Dorfman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Bruising

That would most likely be bruising related to the surgery.
My guess would be that removing your right wisdom teeth, especially the lower one was more complicated than the others and that resulted in more bleeding into the tissues which is causing the red blotching. If you have any questions, call your surgeon.

In brief: Bruising

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler