Why is relaxation so much a part of your work with people?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Stress can cause

both physical and emotional disorders.
Learning relaxation techniques can prevent the negative impact of stress on emotional and physical health, therefore, it plays a significant role in psychotherapy.

In brief: Stress can cause

both physical and emotional disorders.
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Abby Caplin
Integrative Medicine

In brief: It's good for you!

I use relaxation in my office to help decrease the influence of chronic stress.
Chronic stress triggers ongoing release of stress hormones that perpetuate inflammatory diseases.

In brief: It's good for you!

Dr. Abby Caplin
Dr. Abby Caplin
Dr. Emmett Miller

In brief: See clearer.

When we become excessively angry, afraid, sad, etc.
, each of these emotional states leads us into a corresponding mental state which gives us access to only certain limited sets of perceptions and behaviors. Our responses tend to be stereotyped, uncreative, and often exacerbate physical, mental and emotional imbalances. By relaxing, we gain the ability to see the truth more clearly and a much wide.

In brief: See clearer.

Dr. Emmett Miller
Dr. Emmett Miller
Dr. William Forsythe