How often and how much should my newborn baby be eating?

Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: 10 min per side
In the first month of age, if you are nursing, your baby should breastfeed about 10-15 minutes per side about every 2-3 hours.
Breastfed babies typically feed about 8-12 times in a 24-hour period. If your baby is formula-fed, offer about 2-3 ounces (likely less the first few days to a week of age) every 3 hours on average.

In brief: 10 min per side
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: It Depends
Each and every newborn is unique in the appetites whether breast or bottle fed.
There is not any solid research data , to my knowledge as to the perfect answer. Thus there are many different opinions, which all may be ok. For breast feeding, i recommend no more than 20 minutes per side. For bottle fed babies, up to 4 oz usually is tolerated. Every 2-5hours is within a normal range. Find what works.

In brief: It Depends
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster