Do I need to stay in the hospital after my hemorrhoid surgery?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: No
Most hemorrhoid surgery is done as an outpatient however you will need a limitted activity for 7-14 days post op and do warm bath tub soaks 3x per day for the first 2 weeks.

In brief: No
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
In brief: No
No.The procedure requires about 45 minutes to perform and is done in the outpatient setting of a surgical center or hospital.
Patients usually return home within an hour after completion of the procedure. There are no significant postoperative restrictions. Patients may return to work as soon as they feel they can in the recovery period.

In brief: No
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Michael Zadeh