For ADHD are any of these used: Campral, Pyrovaleren, Fencanfamine, Mesocarb, Prolintane. ?

answered:

Not for children &

Stimulant
teens in this country. I've never heard of their use in adults, but the psychiatrists on panel may have. The stimulants methylphenidate & amphetamine remain 1st line treatment with 80-90% efficacy when doses are titrated for optimal effect without significant side effects.Non- stimulants Atomoxetine & long-acting Guanfacine have ~ 65% efficacy when used as single agents titrated optimally.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd Amphetamine Caffeine Guanfacine Methylphenidate Ritalin Stimulant Strattera Teen Tenex

answered:

Meds.

I've never heard of any of these, except Campral, acamprosate, which is new for alcohol dependence. The others may be medications from other countries that are equivalent to or similar to drugs in this country . Go online to see. Apparently Mesocarb is a stimulant found only in Russia and former Soviet Union Countries. Nothing is known of it in the West. Interesting pharmacology.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Adhd