For ADHD are any of these used: campral, pyrovaleren, fencanfamine, mesocarb, prolintane. ?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Not for children &

Teens in this country.
I've never heard of their use in adults, but the psychiatrists on panel may have. The stimulants methylphenidate & amphetamine remain 1st line treatment with 80-90% efficacy when doses are titrated for optimal effect without significant side effects.Non- stimulants atomoxetine & long-acting Guanfacine have ~ 65% efficacy when used as single agents titrated optimally.

In brief: Not for children &

Teens in this country.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Alan Cohen

In brief: Meds.

I've never heard of any of these, except campral, acamprosate, which is new for alcohol dependence.
The others may be medications from other countries that are equivalent to or similar to drugs in this country . Go online to see. Apparently mesocarb is a stimulant found only in russia and former soviet union countries. Nothing is known of it in the west. Interesting pharmacology.

In brief: Meds.

Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Alan Cohen