Why is my asthma so bad?

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Possibilities

This time of year there are a number of possibilities - this is a high season for ragweed and tree allergies.
You might also have a viral or bronchial infection. I would seek medical advice in person if you are experiencing a significant worsening of your asthma. Sometimes asthma exacerbations can be shortened if treated early.

In brief: Possibilities

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Dr. Richard Lavi
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Treat allergens.

Having normal, asthma symptom free days defines asthma control.
Minimizing medication use, medication side effects and costs is also part of asthma control. Many asthma sufferers have allergy and/or sinus disease are part of their lives. Under or untreated sinus disease and allergy leads to worsening asthma control. A variety of avoidance measures, medications and even allergy injections help.

In brief: Treat allergens.

Dr. Richard Lavi
Dr. Richard Lavi