My doctor wants to perform an abdominal procedure. What are my options?

Dr. Amie Napier
In brief: Many.
Almost every gynecologic procedure can now be done via a minimally invasive approach.
Due to new technology like the da vinci robot, even large fibroids, bad endometriosis or adhesions can be successfully treated laparoscopically. This mean faster recovery (1-2 weeks vs. 6-8, less pain, and back to normal sooner!

In brief: Many.
Dr. Amie Napier
Dr. Amie Napier
In brief: ????
Can't possibly say.
What are you having the abdominal procedure for? What is it supposed to treat? Your question is impossible to answer.

In brief: ????
Can't possibly say.
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Dr. Andrea Brand